What a show. Sony easily won with Nintendo in second, and Microsoft came in last.
Firstly, the games. The games! These are the games that have me foaming at the mouth:
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)
- Final Fantasy XV (PS4, Xbox One)
- Killer Instinct (Xbox One)
- Kingdom Hearts III (PS4, Xbox One)
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS4, Xbox One)
- Mirror’s Edge 2 (PS4, Xbox One)
- Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)
- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (Wii U)
- Transistor (PS4, Windows)
Now, this may look like a dead tie between Sony and Microsoft, but if you watched the press conferences, you’d know it was anything but. The response to the Xbox One has been lukewarm at best, given all the bad press it’s gotten over its draconian DRM scheme.
In contrast, here’s Sony’s official video on how transferring used games works with the PS4:
And the #1 piece of news which filled me with the most joy:
I’ve watched that at least five times now, and I’ll watch it many more times until the next trailer is released. Nintendo, you made my day when you announced my favorite video game character would be in one of my favorite video game series.
This holiday season is going to be exciting for sure.